Last Updated: February 22, 2022
Table of Contents
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Information We Collect Automatically
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Third Party Links
- Retention of Personal Information
- Your Rights
- Contact Us
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
Inquiries: If you contact us with an inquiry, we will ask for your name and contact information to respond to your inquiry.
Marketing: We may collect your name and contact information, including email address, to send you newsletters and other communications, including marketing communications, that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also use this information for online advertising purposes, including to serve you with tailored advertising. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in your email, or by contacting us as set out below.
Other: We may also use the personal information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events that may be of interest.
- Better understand how you use the Website and our services, in order to improve the Website and our services and develop new products or services.
- Request and collect feedback and respond to requests and complaints.
- Meet our regulatory and other legal reporting obligations.
- Manage our business including to maintain business records for reasonable periods, enforce our agreements, and collect amounts owing to us.
We may use personal information for other purposes with consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Information We Collect Automatically
- We use analytical/performance cookies to recognize and count the number of visitors to our Website and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- We use functionality cookies to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- We use targeting cookies to record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. These types of cookies may also be used by us or our advertising partners to track your activity or serve you with advertising when you visit other websites.
You can set your browser settings to block cookies or to notify you before a cookie is set. If you block cookies some of the features on our Website may not function properly.
When you use the Website, our servers automatically record certain information in server logs. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with the Website, domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed, mobile carrier, and similar information. Log files help us to monitor, analyze, improve and maintain the Website and to diagnose and fix technical issues.
When you access the Website using a mobile device, we collect information about your device contained in your mobile device’s “device identifier.” This device identifier includes information such as the type of device you are using, its operating system, and mobile network information, which may include your mobile phone number. We use this information to optimize our Website, fix technical issues and for marketing purposes.
We may infer your location from your IP address. We use this information to understand our geographical reach.
We may use third party services, like Google Analytics and Google Marketing Platform to collect information about your use of the Website, such as the features used and time spent on the Website, to help us better understand our users, improve our Website and tailor or marketing messages. For information about information is processed in connection with these Google services please read the Google privacy terms here.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Service Providers. We may transfer personal information to service providers that provide certain services on our behalf, such as data hosting and processing, marketing, analytics, email delivery, auditing and information technology services. Some of these service providers may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States and Germany. While outside of Canada, personal information will be subject to applicable foreign laws, which may permit government and national security agencies to access your information in certain circumstances.
Business Transaction. We may disclose personal information to parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, financing or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the transaction.
Other. We may disclose personal information to meet our legal and regulatory obligations or otherwise as permitted or required by law, including to comply with a subpoena or warrant, to law enforcement in connection with an investigation, to protect our rights and the safety and security of our employees, and to enforce our agreements and collect debts owed to us.
Third Party Links
We protect personal information using safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. These safeguards may include measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information. We limit access to personal information to our employees and service providers who require access in connection with their role or function. Each of our employees is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all personal information to which they have access. We keep our employees informed about our policies and procedures for protecting personal information. Despite these measures, since no system or security measure is completely secure, it is possible that personal information may be lost, stolen or accessed without authorization.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and is retained as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, in accordance with prudent business practices on general document retention, or as otherwise required by law.
You may request access to or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, by writing to us as described below. You may also request information about how your personal information has been used and disclosed by us and may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below. Please note that these rights are subject to applicable legal restrictions, and we may take appropriate steps to verify your identity before responding to your request.
For questions, inquiries or requests, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Browse our latest articles about investing and retirement planning
What is Best for Your RRSP?
In this article we look at Balanced Funds vs Asset Allocation ETFs vs Robo-Advisors vs Target-Date Funds.
Know Your Limits
When it comes to investing using ETFs, make sure you know how and when to place your orders.
Active Funds vs Index Funds: Which is Best in the Long-Run?
Investing for retirement in your RRSP and TFSA means investing for long run. Do actively manage funds deliver performance and peace of min...